View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Did I play this very badly?

You seem to have ID'd this villain as a douchebag. Once someone starts raising every other hand- you didn't mention how many hands this was over- they're either just really bad players who like to give money away, or they're on tilt and want to give money way. It's a good situation for you and I like the isolation move, not risking too much w/ AQs.
When you flop top pair, top kicker versus a villain of this sort- imo/ at .10-.25- you're trying to figure out how to get all their money in the pot. To top this off you have the nut flush draw. You want all of their chips in the pot. Considering the opponents aggression, it seems that your call of the raise on the flop was viewed by your opponent as a sign of weakness. He pushes on the turn- good. Your strategy worked, so I don't see how you could think it was bad.

Unless, you're afraid of trips, which it seems you are. I would have called the turn all-in w/out the flush draw, if I thought this guy was throwing chips around willy nilly. Yeah, he could have trips, but I'd think most likely he's being a douchebag.

Also, I'd have to have seen that his idiot aggression carried over post flop. This sort of behavior usually does.