View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Netflix/Blockbuster Online: Movies that you should add to your queue.

Love this thread. I've already added 7 movies to my queue. Keep 'em coming.

My nomination:

La Dolce Vita

Steiner: Qualche volta, la notte, quest'oscurità, questo silenzio, mi pesano. E' la pace che mi fa paura. Temo la pace più di ogni altra cosa: mi sembra che sia soltanto un'apparenza, e nasconda l'inferno. Pensa a cosa vedranno i miei figli domani... Il mondo sarà meraviglioso, dicono. Ma da che punto di vista, se basta uno squillo di telefono ad annunciare la fine di tutto? Bisogna di vivere fuore dalle passione e altri sentimenti nell'armonia che c'è nell'opera d'arte riuscita, in quell'ordino incantato. Vodremmo riuscire al amarci tanto, da vivere fuore del tempo, distacati...distacati.

(Sometimes, at night, this darkness, this silence, weighs upon me. It's peace that frightens me. Peace most of all: it seems to me like only a mask, hiding the face of hell. I think of what is in store for my children tomorrow... The world will be wonderful, they say. But from whose viewpoint, if one phone call could announce the end of everything? We need to live beyond passion and other sentiments, in the harmony that exists in a great work of art, under that magic spell. We have to succeed in loving so greatly that we live outside of time, detached...detached.)