View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: I\'m 6\'3 and 215lbs, what are my chances vs: Mayweather?

[ QUOTE ]
i was 6ft, 230 lbs. benched 250 so i was pretty strong. i was 18, and had no formal training. got into a sparring session at a local gym of just some guy who was an aspiring amatuer. basically just messin around sparring session but this guy was about 5'10 prolly 160 or 170. his speed was so quick i couldnt do anything, he simply beat my ass. i threw some punches but i just ran out of energy. this guy pales in comparison of freakin Mayweather and he destroyed me. im pretty sure you'd last no more than 42 seconds. 10 seconds of you running away, 30 seconds of him pounding you, 2 seconds of you falling to the ground

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably pretty accurate, if Floyd wanted to do it this way. I doubt OP lands a single punch, almost certainly none that slows Floyd down, and if he does, they're no harder than the punches Floyd takes from pros as a matter of course.

Floyd lands one or two punches without half trying, and then when OP is stunned, off balance, and confused, just keeps raining punches on him till even a 100 pound girl could knock him out. This happens almost immediately after the first punch or two lands, because OP is nowhere near agile and experienced enough to avoid Floyd's incredibly accurate punches nor tough enough to take them over and over and over ...

This goes down as a huge and quick humiliation of OP.

The risk to Floyd is high, though, so he only takes it if he's going to the noodle bar and doesn't have enough cash on him for a bowl of ramen, or is coming out of the restroom and realizes he doesn't have $1.25 for the coke machine. This doesn't happen often, but enough to preserve Floyd's reputation as a fighter ready to face any opposition.