View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: (NLTRN) First hand vs Huge loser

Are you in the SB or is he? Because if you are, you should have acted second on the turn. I'm gonna assume he checked and you bet the turn.

If Villian has an ace, he's going to start raising it on the turn. He's not going to do pot control in such a small pot. It's unlikely that he is behind, so he will probably raise you with an ace. Because he didnt, I will assume he doesnt have a higher two pair for the rest of the hand.

I will also assume that if he has a set he would raise you on the turn because of all the draws that are there. He might be bad, but even bad players start to build the pot and make draws pay.

When he calls on the turn, there are a lot of draws. The only hands that really beat you are 48/89 which means that he would have to be drawing to an inside straight draw on a two flush board on the turn. It doesn't make much sense. The other hand, which I think is likely, is 34, which has a double belly buster.

So, what else does he call with? Weak pairs drawing to two pair and flush draws. Both of which you beat. I think with a flush draw he would push the river if he was going to bluff at all so in all liklihood, I see this being a weaker two pair like 56/67.

That, or 34, and I lean towards 34.

/\/