View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: The Issue Again...

[ QUOTE ]
I see. So do you agree or disagree with pvn's assertion that we can ignore past illegitimate transactions and, so long as we transact legitimately from this point forward, maintain our own moral highground on that basis?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a mischaraterization. You can't just blanket disregard everything in the past. There are SOME cases where past transgressions cannot be rectified, damaged parties cannot be identified, etc. But there are others where this is not the case!

There is uncertainty, even in cases where it seems relatively straightforward. It is impossible to 100% be sure of who has a legitimate property right. And over time, the confidence we have in a particular claim can easily be diluted if that claim is not pursued.

Nobody ever said AC was perfect.

Other things to consider:

* Criminals cannot legitimately bequeath property that they do not legitimately own.

* Individuals *can* bequeath claims on property - if I am pursuing a claim on property that I believe has been stolen, my estate can continue that pursuit!

* over time, my estate will be dissolved; if the claim is not pursued, it may be considered abandoned.

* the fall of primogeniture makes the dilutive aspect of time MUCH more significant