View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: NL10 67o Monster Flop with the Dreaded Turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know this sounds nitty, but I basically never complete with hands like this in the SB. Position is so big in NL, that I'd WAAAAYYYY rather pay a BB in late position than half a bet in the SB. That being said, betting the flop is fine, but I'd check and fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I really need an explanation here. What hands do you complete if not these? I mean, they can either flop you something nice (like two pair or trips) or a monster (like straights), or you'll totally miss the flop and throw away. Is everyone around just as nitty? With a couple of limpers, I complete connectors everyday and twice on Sundays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I complete the SB in all kinds of limped pots, and then I bet out with any draw while the pot is small and either take it down, or build a nice pot in case I hit the turn, or fold if I'm raised. The combination works pretty well. Just don't fire more than one bullet if you get called on the flop and miss the turn.

And if I just flop TP or something, and the pair is low, then I just c/f. If I have a hand like 96o in SB that flops a 9-high top pair in an unraised pot, then that isn't even worth a stab unless I also have a draw to a straight to back it up.

I think 54o is fine to complete, and fine to bet out with here.

I'd stop after that, however, and c/f the turn and river.