View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you guys never hate on the 200-400 game which is always full of short stackers. I guess because you all never play it and it doesnt affect you but the highest limits are full of them.
Right now 200-400 6 max is running on full tilt with 5/6 having less than half a buy in and 2 with 8000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play 25/50 or nosebleed stakes, but I think no one complains because they're two entirely different scenarios. The ppl shortstacking 25/50 are for the most part regulars and thus in the games day in and day out. They tend to actually have a decent short stack strategy. This strategy just happens to disrupt the game by tightening it up. This is what everyone is complaining about.

The shortstackers at 50/100+ are more often than not some donk taking a shot with his entire roll. Obviously they're probably pretty terrible poker players and once they bust they're gone. They are probably largely insignificant to how those games play long term. The other thing to consider is there are essentially only a few regulars at those nosebleed stakes and I'm sure most of those players welcome some donk willing to play them for any amount. It encourages other people to take shots and can lead to more and more people playing the games.