View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

[ QUOTE ]
was there really no way to be found to finish the tournament without ending it like some free poker night at a restaurant? For charity or not, there were some big prizes at stake. It just seems incredibly bush league to end it the way they did when the prizes couldn't be pooled and divided strictly on chip count. Particularly if it wasn't made clear to entrants in advance that this would be done.

I mean, there really wasn't any way to finish the tournament, even if they had to move somewhere else? No back rooms on the Playboy Mansion grounds? Hard to believe they didn't know in advance that the tournament would likely exceed the time they had. What excuse is there for that?

Sorry if this was previously answered and I missed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Joy keeps saying that to continue the tournament she would have had to pay another $30,000 for another hour.

1) most of the staff had already left.
2) there was about 300 people still milling around about a half hour after the tourney ended so the time wasn't that critical
3) the blinds were so high and doubling every hand(no joke) that it would have only taken a few more hands to end it.

I believe with Elizabeth in the chip lead and able to fold her way to a win, the prospects of having another hollywood winner may have usurped Terrence's complaints over a fair ending. And he did complain.

What they easily could have done is just play a few more hands(maybe another 5 minutes) with the blinds doubling each hand. Terrence and Steve would have both been automtically all-in within a hand or two and although a crappy way to end it, at least there would have been a legitimate winner, 2nd and 3rd finisher.