Thread: PAT
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: PAT

One last rant about the PAT. From tee to green I played great, hitting around 20 fairways and 25 greens on a par 70 course. But...

[ QUOTE ]
The PAT is conducted from the middle tees of the golf course with the flagsticks set on a generally flat area of the green.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pins were all in the exact middle of the greens, regardless of the difficulty of the slope found here. All three of the people in my group complained about the difficulty of some of the pin placements even though they were dead center. All of the pins were easily accessible from the fairways but some were impossible to putt to once on the green.

One hole we had the pin surrounded with 3 shots of 20 feet or less and all 3 of us 3 putted becuase the pin was seated on a substantial mound. Kind of unfair [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

But I'm not saying easier pins would have helped me, lol. This was the worst display of putting I've ever seen by anyone on my behalf. Oh well. My average putts/round is 28-30. In my first round I had 42 putts.

2 out of 29 people passed.