View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Implicit Awareness

[ QUOTE ]
Which game does a good player have a better chance in? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I didn't say I agreed with Mason, I don't. I was just pointing out that he has taken extreme issue in the past with tournament speed having any bearing on anything.

Regarding effective M. I think your rant is getting to the same conclusion as effective M would lead you most of the time. I realize you get there for slightly different reasons. You, because your hand that might be marginal at a full table is more likely to be good short handed. Harrington because with a lower M you have to lower your starting requirements because you can't afford to wait for a better hand due to the impact of blinds and antes. But aren't both reasons valid?

Regardless I think your way of thinking about this is better. This is because if you are stacked deep enough to be in Harrington's green zone at a short handed table I believe this could lead you to maintain the same starting requirements as at a full table. (Possibly this isn't true if you adjust based on your position relative to the button, playing utg as if it were MP for example.) Your approach would loosen starting requirements due to short handedness, not stack size.