View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: \"True M\" vs. Harrington\'s M: Critical Flaws in Harrington\'s M Theo

Firstly, I play turbos, so I appreciate a lot of the scenarios here although you specifically aim it at multi table tournament play.

1/
Most of your argument is based on B&M level timings and then you go on to mention the 12 minute online levels. A 12 minute online level is equivalent to about 24 - 36mins online...

2/
Apart from that, what you are essentially advocating here is that by taking risks you end up, at times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], with a massive chip stack in comparison to all the other players who will still be in Harrington's yellow.green zone or lower. Essentially the LAG approach identified in your book - an approach that I like.

3/ Your true M scenario does the same thing as Harrington's M in that it says to make a move when first in based on the figure rather than the table. If everyone else is still playing tightly as based on Harrington's M and you push in with some rags, you are only getting called by something better. It's possible that you are opening up your range far too early compared to the rest of the table.

?