View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Two More From the Big Blind

[ QUOTE ]
I lean towards check/folding Hand 1. What do you beat? JQ exactly, and that's a real stretch to think he 3-bet the turn with that. AKs now has you beat. Sure feels like a flopped straight or set. I give it up--this is a good spot to fold for one more bet IMO. Your description does make it closer, if he's REALLY been seen to 3-bet the turn with hands that can't beat one pair or big draws....

Hand 2, I like leading the flop and bet/folding turn. Your line puts too much money into the pot with a very marginal hand. Also, I fold preflop...IMO, you're a bit leniant with defending your blinds. I think this is a clear preflop fold in a full ring, or anything more than 7-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aragorn --

Yeah, if he hadn't been so aggressive during some earlier hands I think this is a clear c/f. Even so it's tough to find many hands QQ beats. One thing is that he was isolating the hijack very liberally. Therefore two pair and pair+draw hands are by far likeliest. I also think he would be willing to try to steal one from me, but I don't know if this is how he'd do it.

I probably defend too liberally, but it's just so easy to get an edge postflop. Against this guy in particular, folding 93s is probably best. I don't think 9- vs. 7- vs. 5-handed matters much.

--Nate