View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Two More From the Big Blind

[ QUOTE ]
20-40 CAZ, again.

(A) Pleasant loose aggressive hijack open-limps. His range is very wide. Cutoff overlimps. He plays back against the hijack frequently and well. SB completes, I raise Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], all call.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, hijack raises (very often a free-card or field-thinning play, from this guy), CO threebets, SB folds. I cut out two more stacks of four chips and pause very briefly -- like a fraction of a second -- as I decide whether to drop four more. The hijack immediately calls and the dealer is sweeping the bets in before I quite know what's happening. So I just pull my hand back.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, hijack checks, CO bets, I raise, hijack folds, CO 3bets, I call.

River A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. What's my line? I checked intending to call because Villain had shown an ability to valuebet thin, bluff in big pots, etc. Is bet/calling or bet/folding better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Better is exactly what you did. Good play. Huge pot. No way you don't show down.