View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Two More From the Big Blind

20-40 CAZ, again.

(A) Pleasant loose aggressive hijack open-limps. His range is very wide. Cutoff overlimps. He plays back against the hijack frequently and well. SB completes, I raise Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], all call.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, hijack raises (very often a free-card or field-thinning play, from this guy), CO threebets, SB folds. I cut out two more stacks of four chips and pause very briefly -- like a fraction of a second -- as I decide whether to drop four more. The hijack immediately calls and the dealer is sweeping the bets in before I quite know what's happening. So I just pull my hand back.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, hijack checks, CO bets, I raise, hijack folds, CO 3bets, I call.

River A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. What's my line? I checked intending to call because Villain had shown an ability to valuebet thin, bluff in big pots, etc. Is bet/calling or bet/folding better?

(B) Button opens and I defend with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. This is the cutoff from the last hand. He's thinking and loose and aggressive and seemingly good. He's checked behind on one flop after raising my BB preflop, so this won't be the first time.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Check-check.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Check, he bets, I raise, he grabs 16 chips but then just calls.

River 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, he raises, I fold.

--Nate