View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: foxwoods trip report, fun hands, LOL quotes

Re: all responses above about note-taking. I considered the hit to my image, but was able to be quite subtle so virtually no one noticed. Also note the hand above where I raise in MP after not playing for 2 orbits and get called by the button, both blinds, and an EP limper, they just play their cards. A couple hours into Saturday and probably 8 of 10 players had been there the whole time, UTG raises for the first time all day and gets 6 callers. I also find it more comfortable to sit with the chair backwards, so I can stand a lot, almost always when I'm not in a hand and between hands. This shielded the note taking from the table. I was writing in a small (like 3" by 6") notebook. And the information is quick to write: 5 columns - time blind posted, hands I got for that blind, hands played, hand I PFR, hand others PFR. Last 3 columns just contain check marks. I entered information during hands I was not in, and most people were playing or paying attention to the current hand at the time. Quotes and interesting hands were mostly from memory, but I did take some crib notes to remind myself, e.g. 'fish says he raised AKo b/c he was on tilt'. I had actually started taking notes on players, but gave up after an hour b/c they were basically all the same, 60-80 VPIP 2-4 PFR types, anyone who deviated stood out quickly. I think only a couple times did someone ever notice I was writing something down, and I said I like to keep track of how much I am losing.