View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Lol Hellmuthaments

justin, this is steve, the long haired hobo-looking guy that had dinner with you the night waco won his 2nd event.

I was helping my friend seth do reporting for his website (texasholdem.com) during the main event, and I saw this go down when you were playing with Phil on day 3.

Blinds were 5k/10k, and you raised to 27k in MP, and Phil called from the BB and checked dark. flop was 665 with two hearts, and you bet 34k. Phil went into his act, eventually folding the Ad face up, saying "this is the last one I let go kid, I KNOW YOUR WEAKNESS NOW!"

I was standing right behind you laughing hysterically.

I also watched Phil in the last level of day 1 for about a half hour, and it was awesome. There was some random middle aged a guy that I didn't recognize two to his right, who had a nice sized stack, probably around 90k. He was opening every pot folded to him, and Phil was berating him non-stop, talking about how he was such a donkey and would blow up by the end of the day. He went on and on about it, then started reciting a story about how "two years ago, Kenna James did the same thing! I kept telling him I'd bust him, and then he went and put all his money in with KT when I had Kings!"

No one was really paying any attention to him, and 10 to 15 seconds later, he says "of course, Kenna hit running hearts to bust me!" and a bunch of people at the table just rolled their eyes. It was funny to watch, because I knew he just wanted to embarrass that guy into slowing down so he could control the action as play slowed at the end of the day, since there's that artificial bubble that's so exploitable. Every time that guy raised, Phil looked to have a wincing pain shoot through his body because he knew there was not a whole lot he could do.