View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: short low content post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since there's a lot of talk of BR strategy, I'll throw this out there: Having a 1000BB roll at less then 3/6 is silly. Unless you're living somewhere with a very low cost of living, you're not deriving a substantial part of your income playing 2/4 online. Therefore there isn't any need to protect yourself from moving down. The idea of playing micros-2/4 should be to move up as quickly as possible without going busto. The most conservative I'd recommend would be moving up when you have 500BB for your current limit plus enough for a 50BB shot at the next limit and moving down when you have less then 500BB for the next lower limit. Depending on your personality and risk tolerance it's reasonable IMO to substitute 300 for 500 or even 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, also its allot more fun to play higher [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
bankrollmanagement is overrated, its all about tableselection

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree as well. BRM is a function of the expected winrate, st.d. and Hero's risk aversion. The risk aversion is a function of the amount of BB's Hero needs to withdraw on a regular basis.

Playing with +500BB bankroll at 2/4 as a hobby player is just as silly as playing with less than 1000BB bankroll at HU15/30 as a pro.