View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: JJ against LAGtard

[ QUOTE ]

I think what you are advocating is A DEFINITE SPEW IMO.

Why do you want to play this marginal overpair so strongly?

[/ QUOTE ]

pf and flop are probably fine becuz MP is so aggro, but the turn is way too much. You never provided us with a read that this guy is a huge maniac that is capable of going off or way overplaying or bluffing in multi-way pots even after both players have showed tons of strength. When Im playing I would know this about anyone I played and have specific notes on what id seen them do, and I think its important to note that just becuz uve seen a villain play really laggy or flat out bad even postflop doesnt mean u cant always interpret their actions. Their actions in protected pots (multiway hands or hands with an all in sidepot) can be interpreted much more honestly than say when they cr the flop or turn in a HU pot, or a pot where their raise knocks out another player and could likely ellicit a fold from the bettor a decent % of the time. Here u and UTG have shown so much strength in this hand its a rare villain that will have UI overs or a hand worse than JJ here going into the turn, let alone after the turn 3bet(altho its possible sure, thats why we call down from the flop cap).

If i knew this guy was a total nutjob post flop even when he should never expect to win a hand without showdown and in multi-way pots, I wouldnt raise the turn. I actually figured the case would be made that you "have to" raise to protect ur hand against overcards that could hit UTG, but thats points pretty poor here. UTG donked out on the flop into the laggy pf3bettor and a presumably tight cold capper at full ring (ur range is pretty tight here id imagine). Sure he can donk with lots of worse hands which is why we dont fold the flop, but his hand really doesnt look like UI overs based on his flop play which leaves some better some worse PPs and u dont mind letting 2 outters come along and pad the pot for when MP has u beat ( even lags get hands remember). I think the only real advantage to raising (ignoring value vs MP which is definitely debatable and in my opinion we definitely arent ahead enough to raise the turn here HU) would be the slight possibility we could get UTG to fold QQ, but he doesnt have that and fold nearly enough where its outweighs the negatives of raising which is that our hand is not very strong after this action.