View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 05:16 AM

Default Re: JJ against LAGtard

I think the only thing that you are going to protect against is AQ. AK is going nowhere on the flop, especially if its suited non-diamonds.

As played, I don't like the turn raise. MP1 capped the flop and leads again. You are not going to fold him out. He is going to showdown. At this point, if you are going to go to showdown, do it as cheap as possible, because too often you are behind in this situation. The person you describe may not play well preflop, but that doesn't mean that A) they don't get cards, and B) that they play all that horribly after the flop drops.

I would give this fella credit for an overpair to the board or a flopped set of nines or perhaps A4s. You only chop to another JJ when the river falls. If your reads are that he is overagressive with air then raising only makes you pay more when you are behind, or puts you in a spot where you have to make a hard decision where often enough we make the wrong one.

I don't advocate playing slow with Jacks, but in this case you have been told that your hand is no good. If you don't believe him, just call. Trying to fold out an A, K or Q, behind you when you are drawing to 2 outs or less gets expensive quick.