View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: politics posters in OOT really suck

[ QUOTE ]
Iron - do you ever have the feeling that the politics forum is more trouble than its worth? Or do you still feel it has a redeeming value at 2+2? I trust your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel it has redeeming value. I know this because I'm willing to spend my time keeping everyone happy and about a quarter of my posting contribution is in Politics. There are a lot of intelligent people in there and I find I have learned a lot about the world by reading Politics, although I'm probably more interested in current events than most people here.

I frequently see Politics posters floating anonymously among other users in other forums all the time without causing problems. You have to remember that if you see troublemakers in your forums without knowing who the Politics regulars are, you are suffering from selection bias.

To be honest, this thread is the first time I've heard of a Politics regular causing trouble outside of Politics and ATF. To test Nick's theory that Politics regulars are causing trouble, I invite you guys who aren't familiar with Politics to find the troublemakers in that thread and compare it to the list of Politics regulars I'm posting in white. Compare this to the troublemakers not on the list:
<font color="white">Snowball, Phill S, adsman, Felix_Nietsche, 2/325Falcon, ShakeZula06, Assani Fisher, Case Closed (easy one), bkholdem , HeavilyArmed, latefordinner, </font>