View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Wow these announcers on NBC are so biased towards the rangers its distracting....

..they might as well just blow them between periods

[/ QUOTE ]

You noticed that too, huh, Gamble? The announcers are blatantly biased towards the Rangers...probably because a large market team in the Stanley Cup Finals would ensure at least some sort of ratings for the games on NBC. I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor that Doc Emrick is calling this game while wearing a vintage 1994 Messier sweater.

For example, the no-goal by Rachunek...these dummies in the booth acted like it was an open and shut case that the goal was good, even though Rachunek's foot motion on the play....well, let's just say the last time I saw something like that, Thierry Henry was on the end of a Zidane free kick to eliminate Brazil in the 2006 World Cup quarterfinals. It was a blatant kick, and the guys in Toronto made a good call.

Seeing unprofessional broadcasts like this makes me appreciate, yet again, how spoiled and lucky we are as Sabre fans to have Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz in the booth.

--Scott