View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Transition questions about life/nyc/work etc

[ QUOTE ]
How much are you making/do you have saved up if you dont mind me asking. Are you prepared as someone just graduating from college to spend 2k+ a month for rent just so you can live in Manhattan. I think living in edgewater, weehawken, or even hoboken (almost as expensive as NYC) are better options for someone right out of school as prices are/can be significantly cheaper while the commute is still just a 5 minute ferry ride and then a free shuttle to either midtown or Wall Street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second considering this advice. Especially if you are living by yourself, Manhattan can be extremely expensive for someone just out of college. I agree that you need to be willing to spend about 2K a month for a decent studio in a decent area. That can eat up a lot of entry level salaries pretty quickly. Edit: just saw that you are working in finance, so you'll probably be okay. I think its worth considering living dowtown. Not the most lively area, but you can probably get the best value for a studio down there.