View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Why I can\'t love The Matrix

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, i didnt even realise you wanted to discuss why the sun was blotted out.

Its not like sunlight is needed at all. Its just without such a large viable powersource the machines couldnt grow and exist in such huge numbers. You have to assume at that point the human race was reduced to a pretty tiny number.

If anything, the idea was to limit the machine advantage and level the playing field.

Also, the sun has nothing to do with wind or running water. One is controlled by changes in temperature and pressure, the other is controlled by gravity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Think about this one for a second. Im not going to get into the wind and temperatures and pressure cause thats more complicated, but the water being controlled by gravity is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while.

Consider this: Water has to be evaporated, by the heat of the sun to be lifted into the air and form clouds. When these clouds become dense enough it falls as rain. This is where running water comes from, and how energy is generated. Water does not magically appear at the top of mountains and just flow. If the sun was gone, rivers would only continue flowing for so long, as there would no longer be rain to supply them, therefore there would be no more running water. Get it?