View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Theory- Merging Your Range

[ QUOTE ]
Yaya, some people might find it interesting I'm sure, no news to me. I also still hate the term "valuebluffing", since you actually said yourself that betting in that particular spot, you assume your bet is going to be ev+ in terms of getting called. The fact that ranges overlap each other is still of no consequence.

There is no such thing as valuebluffing, the concept is purely a result of people not having PERFECT information, which in turn leads to overlapping ranges. M'kay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's not news to me, but you also will likely agree that even some of the better players don't have a very good understanding of this concept.

As for value bluffing, I use it at times simply because sometimes I'll bet the river for value, he'll tank and I'll be like "call call call" and then he'll call and flip over the winner, and I'll be like "[censored]." My point is, a 'value bluff' can be when you bet for value but get called by a better hand- you were betting for value, but it turns out that in order to get the best result, it was actually a bluff.

It just all gets confusing, we obviously (and most people in this board and HSNL) understand it, but whether or not you want to use that term I guess is just preference. It's a completely random term that is entirely an oxy moron since the two terms next to each other are counter productive. Honestly, it doesn't seem like it makes any sense to argue over whether or not a made up term exists. I mean if ranges overlap as you say, then there are times you won't know whether you're betting for value or bluffing.