View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

[ QUOTE ]
tolbiny,

[ QUOTE ]
Its not just next years pick, they also gave up the 36th (35th? i forget) pick this year. They could have benefitted from a deep receiver class this year getting a guy who would go in the first in normal years in the 2nd (this is just my personal preference).

[/ QUOTE ]

hypothetically if the browns had kept their early 2nd rounder, i would have much preferred a dback pick. this is assuming there isn't a receiver available who is by far BPA. do you disagree? their secondary is really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

last years secondary is tough to evaluate, two young safeties and injuries to every CB on the roster basically. They can use help there, but years of watching Northcut drop easy passes, Edwards has shown the same tendency, and our second WR is Jurivicious who is getting to the age where 3rd receiver status is a better fit (they also have very little actual depth here, is Cribbs going to be our 3rd receiver for the year, he hasn't shown good hands and doesn't run precise routes lots of development work needed). In a draft where quality receivers are abound i was hooping the Browns could find a pick to take one.