View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Transition from donkaments to cash games

I would like to make the change over from SNGs and MTTs to cash games. I have messed around at medium stakes, but have never had consistent success. Needless to say, my tournament skills are much better as i hover around 20% ROI on SNGs at about 800 games.

But i detest donkaments. Especially lately as i have been on a brutal downswing. Losing hands over and over where im at 75-80% chance to win when the money goes in. The last straw was recently after 4 hours into a MTT with a buy in that was slightly above my bankroll management set max. Bubble action, i was around the chip average, complete donk moves all in UTG (also at the average chip amount) and folds around to me in the SB. I call with KK and get sent to the rail by his T6s, he later ran his mouth, asking how i could have only called with one pair...but i digress...

So my question is what is the major thing i need to work on to change my game to do well in cash games. I know there are some 2+2 NL cash game books in the works that i am eagerly awaiting, but until then, any tips?

Thanks