View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: The Well: ikestoys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if my memory serves me right you had a great run a month or two ago at higher stakes and stayed there.

Could you share your thoughts on shot taking?

[/ QUOTE ]

So the funny thing is that whenever I moved up I played looser and more aggressive. I played a nitty 19/15 at 100NL. I've played 30/25 so far this month at 5/10. My stats just kept getting looser as I moved up. I think I got looser because I managed to not play with money, but I played with chips.

Also, the villains I was playing against didn't know what the [censored] i was doing while i was running them over. Eventually they adjusted, and that led to a temporary downswing.

As for actual shot taking... just man up when you are playing well (not BBV style chasing losses), play one or two tables and put a tenth of your bankroll on the line. If it goes well, keep playing a couple of tables at most until you are comfortable. Don't play with money, play with BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting, you said that u didnt think of it as money but as chips or BBs. I have a problem of thinking of it as money and have wished I could think of it as chips like I do in tourneys so it doesnt effect me emotionally as money does. How are u able to change the way u think of the money you were playing with?