View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Noob questions about varience and Sharkscope.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Ive played about 200 $16 turbo SnGs and have a ROI of 21%. How close is this likely to be to my real ROI and how many games does it take before varience starts to calm down?

2) My pokertracker says I have an overall ROI of 23%. Sharkscope says I have an ROI of 9%. Whats up with that. I did play about 30 MTTs with -ROI before I started playing SnGs but surely one oft these figures must be wrong. Is Sharkscope unaccurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you have not experienced variance yet. Most solid players experience somewhat regular downswings of 25+- buy-ins. They are not predictable or controllable. I have several every year (I sometimes find some leaks too, but a lot is also out of my control). See what your ROI is after 1000 games.

Sharkscope seems pretty accurate to me. I only use the 5 free/day. I believe it captures all tournament results. On the free version there is a line graph that provides your ROI by similar buy-in. The initial ROI that pops up is combined for all of your tournaments, I believe.