View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: What is the PPA REALLY doing?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aside from working on increasing membership... what would those "other things" be?

Can you list them???

[/ QUOTE ]

Just of the things I am aware of, I know the PPA is increasing awareness of our issue all across the nation through media outlets, etc. Michael Bolcerek and others have appeared on all sorts of news shows debating the issues.

Just a week or so ago D'Amato and Bolcerek held a web conference which was pretty good.

It is very important for poker players to have a voice, and we can only do that if we do so in numbers. So the PPA presents us an opportunity to have our voice heard. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but we all know the NRA is so successful because of their numbers.

I am also very well aware that Bolcerek and others have been meeting with legislators and pitching some ideas to them for state regulation of poker.

The cost to join the PPA? $0. For you to suggest you're not getting your monies worth is silly Sniper.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically,

1) It's free,

so it doesn't matter if they are being effective, have a well constituted board, or are representing the interests of certain online sites and media over those of players, both online & B&M.

2) There isn't a good alternative,

so it doesn't matter if they are being effective, have a well constituted board, or are representing the interests of certain online sites and media over those of players, both online & B&M.

3) If you were starving you'd eat road-kill and call it a filling meal.