Thread: Hole in one
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Hole in one

I have three, one with a really good story, the other two not so much.

First, home course growing up in Kansas, eight years ago, age 16. Nice 9-hole par 35 short course. Hole #7 110 yards, my nemesis hole. I hit a gap wedge that hits in the middle of the green, spins down the slope and goes in, sweet!!! We play another nine, get to hole 7, I grab my gap wedge, and proceed to chunk it about halfway there much to the delight of my playing partners. Another time I get to this hole having my best round ever. I birdied the first six holes, course record for nine is six under. Six or seven steps past the back edge of the green is a road/OB. I step up and hit the biggest blade of my life, clearing the road and going into the corn field behind it on the fly. My wedge toss was about ten yards short of the green. I hit my next shot to the front of the green, three-putt and put a lovely triple on my card after the six birdies. I par eight and birdie nine for 4-under 31 with a triplebogey.

Second, wedge at Stonebriar Fazio course #6 130 yards. (where I used to work, Frisco, TX) One bounce and in. No story with this one.

Most recent one, about three years ago on Stonebriar Fazio #15 155 yards. We played 36 that day, pretty windy day. We get to 15, nothing special happening, I grab my eight iron. Flag is middle-front guarded by a fairly deep bunker, probably 10-12 yards of green between the bunker and hole. Wind is left-to-right, slightly helping. I aim right at it thinking my little draw will keep it straight. It barely clears the bunker, takes one bounce, checks, and catches the top side of the hole and lips out finishing three inches away. Bummer. So we get to 15 on our second round and everything is the same. Wind, hole location, tee markers, etc. I find my divot from the first round and figure if I tee the ball up one inch to the right and make the same swing it should go in right? Well, that's what I did. One bounce, check, and in. Holy [censored]!!! I still can't believe it and most people don't believe me.

PM me anytime for advice and GO SUNS!!! (yes, I'm a suns fan living in Dallas)