View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: hand reading exercise

[ QUOTE ]
I was remembering a hand from like a year ago today, and I tweaked this to make it more precise when reading the hand.

Home game, 0.5/1 blinds and 1/2 stakes. 10 players. Game is loose and passive, but a few of the players are slightly aggressive, and there's one spot who's very loose, very aggro, and somewhat tricky.

BB hero is a good tag and I'm sitting at the table across from him.

Anyways, early limp, two middle limp, including the lag, button limps, and hero checks.

5 players, 5.5 SB, flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets, 2 middle players call, button calls.

Turn: 5.75bb, 4 players, 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, one fold, lag raises, button calls, hero calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3 players, 11.75bb

Hero bets, lag raises, button folds, hero three-bets, lag folds.

I could be missing a few hands, but I'm pretty sure that we can narrow this down to one hand that's very likely and another that's possible, and a third that's a far outside possibility (not sure if he should play that hand in this manner). Let me know what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

If hero plays straightforwardly...

On the flop hero could have K6-KJ, 66, 86, 88, A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x, A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

On the turn hero could have K6-KJ, 66, 86, 88, A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x.

On the river hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x.

edit: added 86 to hand range on flop and turn