View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: fold AA to scary board against push?

[ QUOTE ]
People aren't giving you good answers because people never get themselves into this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never? I find that hard to believe.

Isn't the point with AA preflop to get as much money into the pot as possible against exactly one opponent? Isn't that what you want? If the goal is only to win immediately when you have AA, then you'd just auto-push every time you saw it.

You can make a distinction between raising to 500 or raising to 800 or 900 here, but I don't think that really changes much. The bigger the pot gets in relation to my stack, the less I'm going to be able to get away. (What about the phrase "Don't go broke with a one-pair hand?")

Anyway, on the turn I had discounted a set of Ks, because he didn't reraise me preflop. I also determined a made flush or straight was unlikely because he would have check-raised me there. (He's got to think I'm gonna bet the K if I have AA, KK or AK.)

So he's probably got a pair and a million outs, but there's only one card to come and I'm still getting 2 to 1. Also, if I fold I'm down to 2300 chips with blinds at 100-200 and coming up in a couple hands.

Thoughts on that turn analysis?