View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Advice on loosening up in mtt\'s

I don't know what everyone else is saying, but IMO, what you are asking for is this:

1) Against loose opponents who go to far with their hands, you can loosen up PF (meaning you can limp/call more PF) hoping to hit and stack your weaker opponents. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE EARLY WHEN STACKS ARE DEEP!

2) When you make a hand against these types of opponents you have to push it for maximum value. That means when you make TPTK, you probably need to play it like it is the nuts. That doesn't mean SLOWPLAY! That means play it fast and aggressively and hope to stack your opponent who can't fold his TPwK or 2nd pair.

3) WHEN THE STACKS GET SHALLOW...tighten up with your PF calls but LOOSEN up with your PF raises. One of the biggest mistakes I see relatively decent players make is they call too much at the later stages of tourneys. DON'T OPEN LIMP...EVER (well almost ever). Fold or raise PF.

4) Ignore the big stacks early. Well...don't ignore them, just don't focus on not having as many chips as them. Actually, pay attention to them and figure out if they are idiots. If they are, pray that you stay at their table long enough to get all their chips. When a big stack gets moved to my table on my right early in an MTT, my mouth starts to water. Wait for the right spot and then take them to value town.

That about covers the basics. Remember, against loose/bad opponents, you shouldn't loosen up (well maybe some PF), you should value bet them to death. Most importantly, as Ms shrink, tighten up your PF calls and loosen up your PF raises.