View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Ram Vaswani speaks about that \'Golf Game\'.

[ QUOTE ]
I just feel its fine to try and gain some kind of edge in the game.. however there has to be a line which when crossed the behaviour becomes unacceptable. You can't gain an advantage at any cost. I would say it is perfectly acceptable for Ivey to pretend to play badly to gain extra shots from Ram then when he's happy he has an edge then to up the stakes... but when directly asked how muched he had played and to lie about it then this becomes unacceptable and the game should be deemed void.

I 100% agree with Ram... but I don't really blame Ivey for having a go.. but its a bit bad to try and con a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

what???!?!?!?! this is like the exact opposite of what is acceptable. him playing poorly then upping the stakes and kicking ass is by far a hustle.

both people negotiated to play a game on set terms. PI and RV are both gamblers. they look for +EV situations. they both felt upon agreement that they each were +EV in hte game regardless of what was said.

if they had been playing poker HU and agreed to play 2-7 triple draw and during negotiations PI says he hasnt played that too often in the past month, then waxes RV because he actually had been playing it a fair amount is it unacceptable.

why do you think the corporation plays andy beal HU for 50k 100k blinds. they think they are +EV. if he tells them he hasnt played poker in a year and wants the game, then the best players in the world sit with AB, and he cleans them out because all he has been doing is studying and playing poker, should the corporation not have to pay?????

lets be serious here guys. If RV took the bet and killed ivey there would be no discussion here. all the top pros used to take action from PI years back because he was horrible and they knew they were +EV in the game, so i guess PI was hustled all these years by his friends.

cmon now