Thread: Hybrid Clubs
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Hybrid Clubs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10-12 handicap in the off season and capable of playing scratch during the summers

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to say you're not telling the truth since I've never seen you play, but I've never met anyone that met this description.

As far as clubs, if you don't hit your 3 wood well there's no reason to have it. That being said, it's going to be hard to find a hybrid that will math the distance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very common with several of my friends. We don't play at all during the winter months, then when it gets warm we play everyday. It takes us a month or two to get everything back rolling.

I didn't say I play scratch for sure, but I am definitely capable of doing it, and have done it for several decent stretches. The last three summers I've ended up around the 2 range, does this better fit into your experience? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence but you are kidding your self if you think this is true, i play off 2-3 (here in Aus, i think we have a tougher handicap system) i play about twice a year lately, i think i would play to a handicap of 5-6 max, i have never met a scratch golfer who even without playing for 12months would be a 12 handicapper. The differnece between these too handicaps is so great that no one can sway that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys can believe whatever you want.

I'm a player who depends almost entirely on his tee-green game because I don't putt very well. After not playing very often for 5-6 months I usually am very inconsistent to start the summer off, and shoot a lot of rounds in the high 70's and low 80's. As I get back into the swing of things my scores come down to the low 70's.

I don't see what the big deal is really. The difference between a 12 handicap and 2 handicap is not that far, if you've been a 2 handicap previously. The difference between the two is HUGE if you've never been there before.