View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Stewart Crushes McCain

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While Jon Stewart is certainly biased - and capable of hiding behind the logo of The Comedy Central if he needs to - I consider him an intelligent man who often makes very good points.

In terms of political stance, the democrats have Stewart/Colbert while the republicans have O'Reilly. They've been going on and off for a long time now. It's just too bad for republicans that O'Reilly seems to be losing.

This is coming from a Stewart fan, though, so I'm sure some will disagree with me here.

[/ QUOTE ]

O'Reilly is a populist, and isn't on a COMEDY show. There's a big difference. However, Hannity is a better reference point for Republicans.

Stewart is just full of himself and takes the show too seriously for it to be funny. He's not smart enough to host a true debate/news show, and isn't funny enough to host a comedy show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet his show is a raging success. You might not think he's funny, but he's clearly 'funny' enough to host a comedy show. The Daily Show broke the stratosphere when Stewart took control. As far as ratings are concerned, he blew Kilborn out of the water.

[/ QUOTE ]

King of Queens ratings > Daily Show ratings. Therefore Kevin James = Comedic Genius.

Come on guys, just because something is popular... This is all subjective. I don't find him funny. A lot of college kids do. I like chocolate ice cream. A lot of people like vanilla. Am I now wrong? This is stupid.

I personally think that Stewart is not a good host of such a show. He was certainly better in the past and has gone down hill. Quite a few people agree with me. We don't have to find the same comedians funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand, and am not trying to invalidate your opinion. But your wording made it sound like you were trying to exert some authority of your opinion over the mass of others who vehemently disagree [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I can't stand Rush, but still can recognize the fact that he makes for a great radio host (same goes for mahr, and others). It really seems as though you hate his politics and are letting that filter out his clear talent for hosting. I could be wrong, and either way I'm not trying to define or stereotype you. I would like to hear your reasonings though, because even most staunch conservatives think he's good at what he does.

Misfire:

Nice fyp! Didn't really care to point out why his analogy was bad.