View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Good Trade or Fanboyism??

[ QUOTE ]
Zod,

That depends on what you are going to do with the money you free up in this deal. Right now you are freeing up $12 for a new player. Can you benefit from that right now? When the salaries go up next year, it will only be $8 you have freed up. If that money gets you a good player, it now becomes player x / Hart / Reyes for Hamels. If you don't think you can contend this year, and player x / Hart are improvements over what you have, then go for it. Weighing finances in a keeper league is always tough; hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

tx. the other thing I didn't mention is that the money I save will not help me at all this year. our draft cap was $250, but our in season cap is $325, so I don't need to save the money. the idea is more that I can hopefully lock up Hart for $4 and $7 for 2 years after this, and Reyes probably for $5 next year. when their true/open market values (hopefully) are higher than that. this means I have more to so spend on fewer positions next year.

the trick as you say is that I don't want to take a big hit this year, and hoping that I actually AM getting a sweet deal by having Hart for $4 and Reyes for $5 next year. if these end up being what I could have bid on them next year, the deal is a bust. if either of them turns into a $20 player, it probably worked out great for me. is that right?