View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Sudden Realization

It is amazing to me, how many people turn their back on poker these days.
I will translate a sentence from the book "Philosophy of money" from a guy named Georg Simmel, which i think of as true since i heard it the first time:
"Freedom without a worthy object of activity is worth nothing." (I hope the translation doesnt suck too bad)
It means: Get the [censored] out of your box and do something, bitch!
Find a girl (or a man or a sheep, whatever you prefer), talk to people, people you dont know yet. If you find it hard to meet people: learn that. Develop yourself.
You will pretty soon stumble upon a new field of interest. Be careful! Your drive for poker in the past doesnt mean that you like poker in particular, but that you have the personality to go really deep with things, once you accepted them as valuable.
Basically it comes down to: find new goals. This is difficult in a world without much sense. Now you have something to think about. If you are good at it, maybe you will become a new first class philospher.
And for the running: do it anyway. Once you start again, a lot of body processes get influenced positive, you will feel better.
There is so much more to say, but my boss thinks i should work now...