View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: I shouldn\'t even have to ask this probably but...

[ QUOTE ]
For reasons stated by several above I think TP+FD is the best big draw to play passively, within the context of wanting an overall metagame where you often play big draws fast.

I don't hate these hands though. Thing is, even though it's hard to hate these hands, because basically any action but folding is going to be +EV on the flop, the difference between the best line and another profitable line when you flop great can be as significant as the difference between a profitable and unprofitable line in other situations. This seems obvious but it can be too easy to dismiss thinking about hands like these with "it doesn't matter what you do," when it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that first sentence. It probably makes it harder to play against me if I do play passive on some big hands.

The thinking that it doesn't matter what you do here originates from threads sort of like this one where maybe 60% of the people say just call and 40% of the people say I played them fine. Everybody has such a strong opinion on the issue and plus the fact that you know there are good players who are on either side of the argument. From reading this thread you could say that Aejones thinks my play was good and TWP thinks another option is much better. Since they are both winning players either way must be fine. That being said you bring up a good point about how I should not just be on autopilot here especially when playing for stacks.

So what is the standard play here in these cases? Are they different for hand 1 vs. hand 2? It sounds like it is debateable. I think I was playing these hands too much like tournaments hands where we are not as deep.