View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Day Trading for Beginners - any tips for getting started?

I've been trading for a good length of time now, and I can say that if you start out daytrading equities you will almost for sure fail. Daytrading, especially equities, is one of the most difficult trading activities you can participate in, in my opinion. Without a great deal of previous knowledge or quality training you have an extremely poor chance of being profitable. If you are considering active trading I would suggest "swing" or "position" trading first, which is holding positions for days/weeks instead of minutes/hours (daytrading) or months/years (investing). I know of a quality subscription website that will give you an education (not just stockpicks) which will start you in your trading journey. PM me if you want to know about it. Also, as Alexander Elder says, you must pay your "trader's tuition" as a novice in trading. You will lose money initially, almost guarenteed, because of poor decisions you will make. But you will learn from them and you will look back on them and be thankful that you made them so you could learn from them. Good luck.