View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: \"Show one, show all\" in the middle of the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks everyone for your posts. This is an issue I've also wondered about. It happens all the time, and I usually don't ever want to point it out. However, I know there's going to be a time with some particular opponent where it would be beneficial to see the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I'm sorry, but you are 100% wrong and the #1 problem with "I want to see that hand". It's supposed to be about enforcing anti-collusion, not gaining information.

I had a fun one a while back.. I had a guy pull IWTSTH on me. He wasn't in the hand, it was me and another guy heads up. I looked right at him and said "do you think we're colluding?" Oh no, he said, I just want to see what you called with. Me: OK, then. (As I shot them into the muck). He immediately called floor over and floor calmly explained the intent of the rule (I actually couldn't believe it).

That was fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you are wrong. Thssue here isn't the rule we refer to as IWTSTH. The issue is show one show all which is not about collusion in the same sense. Its about players selctively deciding who share info with. You do not need to believe there is anything dishonest going on to ask for show one show all to be enforced.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I see your point, but the parent post I was referring to basically said they were going to use it to gain information, which isn't the point of the rule. But I guess the point is, there is info. shared to one party but not everyone, which isn't fair.