View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Love it or leave it...put up or shut up...and other such sentiments

This question is meant in all seriousness...I'm not a "love it or leave it" kind of guy (at all.) But today I was thinking about the various AC positions on this board and I wondered why someone who really bought in to the whole AC thing would choose to stay in the US. Why choose to live under such an oppressive system when there is literally no chance whatsoever that the oppression will end in your lifetime? In your view, depending on your tax bracket, there is an entity out there that is literally taking 1/3 of your income and yet you sit by and let them do it. You watch as day in and day your liberty is taken from you and what do you do? You submit to the oppression.

Honestly, which is worse: someone who doesn't believe that they are being oppressed (even though you believe they are being oppressed) and goes on doing what they are doing; or someone who believes that they are being constantly oppressed (literally every second of the day --- oppressed by government taking your money and telling you what you can and cannot do) and, despite that belief, they acquiesce?