View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Mayweather/de la Hoya

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still holding off on this bet. I really want to take Oscar the money line i'm looking at right now is +180. I think there is value on the de la hoya side since he can knock mayweather out, but mayweather shouldn't be able to knock out de la hoya. The other major factor is since there fighting at 154 will this slow Mayweather down just enough to give Oscar the one shot he needs?? Really tough fight to call. I haven't placed a bet yet because i'm afraid that i'm betting with my heart and not my head because Mayweather is really a thug and I would prefer to see him get the %*(&$*(&# kicked out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I firmly believe Oscar Dela Hoya is the bad guy of this story. Mayweather is a young cocky kid who doesn't know how to come across well on TV and in the public's eye, but he may be the hardest worker in the sport and the smartest boxer ever. Dela Hoya is a promoter who is looking for his huge payday and knows how to present himself well for the media. Even though his true focus is not a passion for boxing instead he's realized how to exploit people the don King style and is cashing in on his soon to be finished career.

removed a slur that was unnecessary. -P