View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 11:15 AM

Default C/C & C/F ???

[ QUOTE ]
There are spots where check-calling, bet-folding and check-folding might be warranted but this definitely isn't one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just trying to reason some of this out, give some thoughts:

Shortstacker checks, Hero bets $23 with top set, Villian 1 raises to $92, Shortstacker calls, Hero ? (calls right?)

This is an easy push since shortstacker will always call, even if villian 1 has st8 its ok, and ranges can easily be wide since you are PFR.

Rempel mentioned that C/Calling and C/folding could sometimes be correct. I'm trying to think of when these could be right.

Assuming deep stacks and you bet, immeadiately raised by nitty player, shortstack folds, I could see calling in position as his range is 95% st8's here. Even then, you'd almost have to have a specific read that either he
A) would payoff something if the board pairs, i.e. is a call monkey, or
b) would be easily bluffed off a his hand when higher st8, runner runner flushes apear, etc.

I think without a or b, I don't see how calling is profitiable even here since he will be firing turns nearly every time and you should be folding without implied.

With shorter stacks you'd be 50/50 flop, getting pot odds for a turn call 75/25, so that's your c/f assuming shory got out of the way.

I also don't see a c/c being right agaisnt someone at your table whom you are targeting because they are LAG or donkish. With our without shorty, you are eitehr slightly behind or crushing his range, so pushing is better since you don't want him drawing to or bluffing scare cards.

I'm having a very tough time finding any circumstance here where c/c flop is right, assuming TAG/LAG, short/big stacks, short 3rd opponent or not, in/out of position.

Anyone care to enlighten me?