View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 01:13 AM

Default 5/10 Live at the Taj: Middle Set Deep

The game is 5/10 no limit at the taj. I bought in for the max buy of 1500 and have played a solid tag game that has nearly tripled me up in under two hours of play. villain in this hand is a vietnamise shrimper who has been playing really loose pre flop and post flop calling on flop with bottom/middle pair, but will only bet/raise with very good made hands.

UTG, pretty loose player opens to 50, Villain(2500-3000 behind) calls 50, I look down one off button at tens and decide to call and play for set value.

Three to the flop (165)
Qs,10h,9s
UTG leads for 150, Villain quickly Raises to 450, Hero calls 450, UTG folds
* At this point in the hand i decide to flat call due to the fact that i want to disguise my hands strength, control size of pot in position, see a safe turn, and feel it is possible for villain to easily have a hand that beats me. If i decide to three bet i think i lose value from two pair and bottom set and i leave myself open to a push which would basically have me pot stuck against a hand that beats me, which i believe is the only hand a loose passive villain would push here with.

Heads up to turn (1215)
7h
Villain bets 200, Hero Calls 200
* At this point in the hand villain bets about 1/6 of the pot and has me completely confused about his hand. I cant tell if this is massive strength of complete weakness. I reach for chips beginning to motion of a raise when he says something along the lines of, " you move all in a call." I contemplate my decision a little longer and just flat call. How bad is this? Does everybody push here? I feel as though i can value bet a good river card here and get payed off nicely.

River(1615)
3s
Villain immedialtly pushes all in for close to 1700, Hero?
* Compeltely lost here considering size of turn bet and river push. Results soon to come.

How many of you three bet flop? How many raise turn? If so how much? Who pushes the turn? Fold of Call river?