View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: NLTRN 22 turbo - maniac shove on dry board

My thinking here is he would never shove an 8. There is no flush, there is nothing he should be worried about "pushing" me out of the hand. The only thing that would worry me is 33-77, 99-JJish, with the latter being less likely. I don't think he would play this aggressive with a good PP though.

Also, I used to take a minraise as a sign of great strength or possible big strength, but my last few hundred matches it seems hands like Q9o, J6s are the hands that minraise from most of these types of players on the button. The problem with that is an 8 is definitely in that slight observation, but I'm not too worried about an 8 here.

My thinking was if he has a hand it's either 44-77 or A2. Otherwise obviously I'm thinking any two. For the record I called, but if that turn is anything except another 2 or a 3 I would have probably led out and folded to a raise.

I'll weigh in with results after a few more comments, but I thought it was an interesting take, and in these types of spots I usually just go with "pick a better spot" but I actually thought this wasn't that bad of one.

Also, I don't know if anyone will raise this flop, but I felt I would reserve raises on these sort of flops for hands I can more easily get away from.

Edit: the hand should read that I check called the flop, but I'm sure you guys understood.