View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Which Top 3 Seed is in the most trouble? (1st round, NBA)

"Soundly" is the wrong term, but GS looked VERY comfortable in beating Dallas; and while close scores in games can never look too damaging to the opposing team, having no control over the pace of the game can. That being said, I don't think Dallas loses this series. If they do, though, it will be really funny to watch Cuban on the floor during game 7.

San Antonio, I feel, is going to win this series in 6 games. Denver threw at SA all that they are ever going to be able to - 30 point games by moth 'Melo and Iverson, a flurry of strong defense, and the ability the keep every Spur off the foul line for the entire game. Despite all of this, Denver won by only 6 and never had a huge lead. So, what does this say about SA? It says that even when their opponent is "on" and they are totally "off," they can keep a game close. I doubt SA will be "off" for the rest of the series, nor do I see AI and Melo hitting 30/30 every game. Unless Denver is able to find perfect answers to SA's adjustments, the Nuggets will fall apart in Game 2 and then find themselves bent over and flogged by game 6.

Phoenix is not in trouble, really, the Lakers are the weakest team in the playoffs besides Washington, IMO.

I think Toronto is in a lot of trouble - aside from Bosh, the Nets match up really well against the Raptors. Isn't TJ Ford almost the Raptor's second leading rebounder? I think it's cute that everyone considers Toronto to be the "Phoenix of the East," but in reality, if the Nets have a healthy RJ / Kidd / Carter, they are ten times the Phoenix that Toronto is. And since Toronto has no other identity to work with, NJ should beat the Raptors at their own game in, say, 6.