View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:48 AM

Default 3/6 Not Exactly My Favorite River Card...

I'm actually done with my morning session, but still one-tabling because this game is so darn juicy. Lots of bad plays, lots of big pots, etc. So of course I'm stuck for like 10 BBs as the cards are dealt.

The cast:

UTG - Absolutely horrible. PT has him at 63/15/1 over around 200 hands, all at this table. His preflop standards basically consist of one or more cards & he has a penchant for coldcalling with offsuit broadway/rag hands. He does understand position, to the extent that he opens his range even more when the raise came from late position. He's mentioned "pot odds" in the table chat, but I don't think he really knows what they are. Postflop at least he's fairly normal, although he'll chase any draw (including single overcard) to the river & generally shows down any pair. He does appear to have some respect for my game, though.
UTG+1 - Dangerous multi-tabler. I have him at 18/9/1.5 over 150, but I've played against him before & been impressed with his postflop ability. Not great, but definitely well above average. He is tricky, and his LRR behind UTG may indeed be a big pocket pair.
CO - 22/8/1 over 400-ish. He's playing like crap in this game, making bizarre late street bluff raises, calling down with bottom pair/no kicker, and chasing gutshot draws to the river. He has no respect whatsoever for UTG's play & has sunken down to his level in an effort to bust him. I've been joining in with some others in needling him a bit on the table chat after a particularly brutal runner runner suckout he put on one of the solid players at the table. Nothing rude or mean-spirited, but I think he's gunning for me now too.
BB - Probably my least favorite opponent on FTP, and especially to have on my left. He's a solid enough LAGTAG, 25/14/1.5 over 2500+, capable of all sorts of moves both pre- & postflop (and generally times them well), and uses position very well. Luckily he just folds on the flop so you wasted your time reading this.
Me - I'm not playing my best poker this morning, but I'm not playing too badly either. The table has seen me open with 97s from the CO & then win a big pot off UTG (in this hand) after flopping bottom two. They also saw me bet/3bet the flop in what wound up being a heads up pot after a J34, 2-spaded flop. My opponent folded to my bet after an offsuit A fell on the turn, claiming to have KJ. I told him what I had (6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]), so the table knows that I'm quite capable of fastplaying a draw.

That's taken care of, now what the **** do I do on this river in a monster pot?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.5SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.75BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (16.75BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero vomits with rage and...?