View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: TT blind battle line check

I think there are better lines you could take.

One possibility is to four-bet all-in preflop. You're going to be OOP for the rest of the hand; why not take away your hard decisions and face him with a tough one? Villain may be willing to fold hands like AJ/AQ/KQ that are roughly a coin-flip against you, and villain won't be able to push you off the best hand postflop.

Given your line, your flop play is probably bad. Villain three-bet preflop; why not go for a check-raise? You could even check-raise all-in and not be overbetting the pot much; it will be an extremely scary move and cause villain to fold most of his hands, giving you the pot immediately and snapping off an extra $4 bet.

As played, the turn and river look pretty standard -- slowing down and looking for a bluff that you can snap off.

A few alternative lines:

1. Bet $13 on the turn, calling a push. This line gets you some nice folding equity and gets some extra value out of drawing hands. It also protects your hand against draws.

2. Bet $8 on the turn, calling a push. Check/call the river if there is no push. This line looks weak, and might induce a bluff-raise. It also might get called by a speculative drawing hand, winning you a few extra bucks.

All told, I don't see a major problem with your turn and river plays, but I vastly prefer a more aggressive play either preflop or on the flop.