View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: At what point are you priced in?

[ QUOTE ]
I am constantly put in situations in .25/.50 limit where there are say 4 limpers in and I'm in the small blind with T7 off. At that point, I'm getting better than 16:1.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suspect that your problem is not so much that you're too loose from the small blind (I'm notoriously loose from halfway in, especially against bad players), it's that your odds calculations stink.

If there are four limpers who've put in 1 SB each plus the big blind who's already in for 1 SB, then there's 5½ SB in the pot and you have to call half an SB more, giving you odds of 5½-½ or 11-1, not 16-1.

Oh, and since you're playing .25/.50, it's possible that the small blind in that game is a dime, which means there's $1.35 in the pot and you need to call 15¢, which is odds of 9-1. At best, the blind structure is 3/5, which means you're kicking 10¢ into a $1.40 pot, giving you 14-1 odds.

In your original example, I would complete this in a 1/2 blind structure if everyone who'd limped was on the loose/passive side, or if the last player to limp had a tendency to bet if everyone checks to him no matter what he holds. I'd obviously be more inclined to complete in a 2/3 or 3/5 blind structure, and more inclined to fold in a 2/5.